Are you a practitioner who recently completed your INTERNSHIP please be guided accordingly.
In the first-year post-internship, you shall be eligible for Institutional Registration at any of the approved Institutions (Public or Private). At the end of one-year post internship, you will be eligible for Full registration.
- GMC Application form
- Job Offer (from an approved institution)
- Two passport size photograph
- Original or notarized copies of certificates Certificate of Good standing - same is needed from Council of registration
- Original or notarized copy of registration certificate Original or notarized copy of current license
- TIN Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Valid Police Clearance
- 2 References
- -For non-nationals, a job offer must accompany application
- Applicants seeking registration must provide a valid police clearance, current good standing and character reference. Note that the (3) requirements would be applicable for the first time registrants with the exception of interns re (Good standing certificate).
- Applicants would be required to provide proof of residency (bill/tenancy)
- Applicants of universities not accredited by a recognized international body, would be required to sit a licensing examination CAMC, USMLE, PLAB.
- If you are applying for registration with the Medical Council of Guyana and you obtained your basic medical qualification in a country other than Guyana, you may be required to have certain medical credentials verified through EPIC. For more information click here.
- All fees payable to the Medical Council of Guyana MUST be paid to Republic Bank Limited, Acct #: 962-356- 523-500. Applicants MUST submit a copy of the deposit slip when completing the transaction.
- All documents in a foreign language submitted must be translated in English by a recognized language institute/embassy.
- Valid work permit and visa showing entry into the country.
- Exception is given to Caricom nationals regarding visa requirements.